We are actively involved in Charleston's maritime community, including memberships in such organizations as the Maritime Association of the Port of Charleston and the Propeller Club of Charleston.
The firm represents the Charleston Branch Pilots Association (Charleston Harbor Pilots), Charleston Navigation Co., and The State Ports Authority.
Our attorneys have a broad range of experience handling maritime matters, including:
- Jones Act matters
- Cargo claims
- Collision and allision claims
- Ship purchases
- Vessel mortgages
- General marine finance transactions, including the preparation of charter agreements, bills of sale, preferred ship mortgages, and other documents
- Product liability and warranty disputes
- Marine insurance coverage matters
- Marine negligence claims
- Vessel arrests, and associated matters