Health care has been central to the work of Nexsen Pruet for more than 60 years. We represent numerous hospitals, several hundred physicians as well as major provider networks.
We take pride in the fact that so many in the health care profession rely on our deep experience, and that pushes us to stay abreast of the latest developments in the law that can affect our clients.
For example, we have held workshops throughout the Carolinas on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, explaining the new rules and helping our clients determine how they should respond.
We have a team of attorneys dedicated to protecting health care providers. They are experienced in all areas of the law regarding the regulation, delivery and financing of health care services. Our team focuses on:
- Payor/patient/provider relationships
- False claims analysis and defense
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Managed care issues
- Physician/hospital dealings
- Stark/Anti-kickback laws
- Tax advice
- Board governance
- Mergers, acquisitions and consolidations
- Certificates of need legislation and regulation
- Health care fraud and abuse
- Professional disciplinary proceedings
We can help make sure your contracts are appropriately executed, your policies and procedures are sound and in the event of litigation, you are protected by a top-flight team of trial lawyers.
One of the benefits of working with a large firm like Nexsen Pruet is that our health care team can draw upon the knowledge and experience of our other lawyers to provide comprehensive legal services.
We are frequent speakers at seminars on topics such as physician/hospital relationships, managed care contracting and the formation of integrated delivery systems. Our team regularly shares updates with our clients on specific industry issues, including new fraud and abuse cases, changes in reimbursement policy at state and federal level and other topical matters.
Health care is an increasingly complicated field, which is why physicians, providers and others need the support of a legal team with the deep experience of Nexsen Pruet.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Antitrust & Unfair Competition
- Assisted Living, Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Facility Litigation
- Class Actions
- Construction Law
- Distressed Property and Workouts
- Employment & Labor Law
- Governmental Litigation
- Health Law
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Land Use and Zoning
- Privacy & Data Security
- Public Finance
- Public Policy & Governmental Affairs